Irancy ‘Les Cailles’ 2018, Domaine Pierre Hérouart



Red Burgundy from Irancy in Northern Burgundy but very different from the other ‘Pinot Noir’ Pierre Hérouart. This wine is 95% Pinot Noir but the other 5% is made up of some of the world’s rarest red grapes — the few acres of César planted in the natural amphitheatre of vineyards surrounding the small village 12 miles south west of Chablis. The César makes this wine a bit  tannic, gives it ageing potential, and lots of concentration and damson-like black fruit flavours. It comes from a ‘lieu-dit’ or subsection of the vineyard — this one is called ‘Les Cailles’ or ‘Quails’, and local people would enjoy munching up these tiny birds bones and all washed down with this wine.


There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Irancy ‘Les Cailles’ 2018, Domaine Pierre Hérouart”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *